Increased Internet, wireless and mobile access to critical information creates security vulnerabilities. Thus, building and implementing secure solutions is mission critical. Access Softek is a leading expert in the development and testing of secure and security specific applications for our partners.
We incorporate security into aspects not previously considered, identify the true risks, innovate at the highest levels of security and optimize between security and convenience.
Our Basic Approach
The most well known model of information security is the CIA triad – Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability. It is held the title for decades. But in today’s advanced technological paradigm, it is only a good starting point…
In 2002, the Parkerian Hexad added three new elements to the mix: Possession, Authenticity and Utility. A more holistic security model framework, the six atomic elements of information are:
1. Confidentiality - prevent the disclosure of information to unauthorized individuals or systems
2. Possession - loss of control or possession of information that does not involve the breach of confidentiality
3. Integrity - data cannot be modified undetectably
4. Authenticity - For any information system to serve its purpose, the information must be available when it is needed
5. Availability - ensure that the data, transactions, communications or documents (electronic or physical) are genuine
6. Utility – Information must be useful. Example - Encrypting data on disk to prevent unauthorized access and then losing the decryption key
We incorporate the Parkerian Hexad framework into the Access Softek Security Development methodology.
[If you are interested in our security technology, please go to the Security section under “Technology”]
727 Allston Way, Suite C
|Home||Mobile||Products||Technology||Deployment||Development Services||Clients||Company||Client Wiki||Contact|